In my free and complete course about “Designing and publishing website with Adobe Muse CC” on Tuts+, I introduce the Paypal widget. It’s an easy way to add a “Buy Now” or “Donate” button on a page and link it to your Paypal account (declaring your email). Some designers contacted me on Youtube and Twitter asking for more details about Muse and Paypal integration. I have to admit that I was underestimating this solution and I’ve discovered that you can VERY easily create a full eCommerce experience with a shopping cart.
I’ve recorded a video that explains how to use Paypal on Adobe Muse CC:
In this video, I cover:
– How to create “Add to cart” and “View my cart” buttons and add them to your Adobe Muse website.
– How to add pricing options: Imagine you want to sell T-shirt, then you can declare that the Small version costs 14$ when the Large version costs 16$.
– How to manage shipping costs
– How to keep track of your inventory: You can control your inventory thanks to Paypal and make sure that you don’t sell an item that is out of stock.
– How to customize the Paypal paiement pages to display your logo and the background color of your Muse website on Paypal
The first thing you need to do on Paypal is to declare your bank account. PayPal will send your account two small deposits. Enter these deposits on the PayPal website and your bank account will be trusted for transactions.
I insist on the fact that all these features are available with a standard Paypal account. If you want to launch a large eCommerce platform, you may consider the Paypal Business plans.
If you have any question, leave me a comment or contact me via Twitter.