I had the chance to speak at MAX 2013 about “How to avoid App Store rejections with your mobile apps“. It’s a funny session where Greg Wilson and I share some tips and stories about the App Store reviewal process. If you’re a mobile app developer you should watch this session, especially if you plan to develop hybrid applications with PhoneGap. It explains why some applications are rejected and how to react.
During this session, Greg and I cover these topics:
- What is the App Store reviewal process?
- How long does it take to get an approval?
- How to react is your app is rejected?
- What about hybrid (PhoneGap) applications on the app store? Are PhoneGap apps rejected by Apple?
- Why Apple review is not exact science. What is the part of subjectivity?
- Is Apple picky about the quality of mobile apps?
- How to submit an appeal and directly talk to Apple reviewers?
- Reasons why mobile applications are rejected.
- What do we mean by “native experience”?
- Differences between a native app and a mobile app.
- Weird reasons why an app can be rejected.
- Links and resources to build first class mobile apps with PhoneGap.
As promised, you can also get my slides on slideshare: