Web designers and UX designers use Photoshop to mockup web pages and screens. In the last release of Photoshop CC, Adobe has introduced new features that are real time savers for web designers. Here is a 10 minute video where I showcased my top 7 tips for web design in Photoshop:
In this video, I showcase:
- How to use linked Smart Objects: You can now include PSD and AI files in your Photoshop file that will reside outside the PSD (it won’t be embedded). This new architecture enables new options for professional workflows when you have to work with a team of designers.
- Layer Comps: This feature is mainly used by web designers. Now you can easily create and update the properties of your layers in Layer Comps. You can now choose to only update the visibility options of your layer, the appearance, the position of everything.
- Smart Guides: The new smart guides display the spaces between your elements.
- Web fonts: Creative Cloud members can now directly use Typekit web fonts inside Photoshop CC. The new font list menu behaves as a search engine and you get a live preview of the selected fonts in your design.
- Color management: You now have a history of the color you pick and a new Color panel.
- CSS Generation: If you right-click a layer, you can generate a CSS. Photoshop will analyze the content of your layer to create a clean CSS.
- Image assets generation: Thanks to Adobe Generator, you can now rename your layers to automatically generate image assets.
The Photoshop team is now engaged to add more and more features for Web and UX designers. Check this page to discover the team behind these amazing features: http://www.photoshopfordesign.com/